Tuesday 8 September 2020

We are all slaves, we just allow them to make us slaves.

The Banks.

The government.

The multinationals.

The media.

Rental housing.

The churches.

Imigreation

The schools.

Celebrities.

 

The banking system.

I remember back when I first started working in the early 80s,the rules were simple. I did my standard 40 hours, and the following week was given cash. To pay my bills, I went to the gas board shop in town, the electric shop, the post office, the bank etc. I handed over my hard earned cash, and my bill was paid. If you wanted to buy a home, there were certain criteria one must meet. You must have a job, you must be seen to pay your bills, and then the manager would decide if you were eligible. It was a simple equation, 3 x your annual salary = the amount you were allowed to borrow. So, if you earned £5,000pa you could get a mortgage for £15,000.The bank added interest for the loan, and 25 years later, you owned the house.In the mid 80s, things changed. I remember being offered  a cash card, and my employer asking me if I would like to, instead of being paid cash, have my wages put directly into my bank, and making it easier to pay my bills, and a card to withdraw cash if I needed it.The payroll van was being phased out, and it was much safer to have cash in the bank as opposed to being delivered every week.For some reason, I did not like this idea, and workmates had different views on the radical new scheme.There were the guys who did not want their wifes to know how much they earned, their were people who felt banks would control their money in some way, old school human beings that feared change.I remember how we were forced to comply. We were told the benefits of having the money paid into our bank accounts, we were offered incentives, bribes. Some of the workforce never had a bank account, so they were given appointments with their local branch, some point blank refused, and were offered a months wages to comply.They tested how much of a bribe was appropriate all over the country, and £10 to a months wages usually did the trick, depending on your attitude. I think I settled for £100, and was easily bought.

Overnight, the world of banking changed. They now had control, and the power went to their heads. They became judges, and owed peoples lives. Mortgage applicants were asked to explain every transaction made on their accounts before loans were agreed.Bankers wanted to know why you spent £8 per month donating to charity, and I can see you eat out once a week, you also seem to spend £20 a week at your local off licence, which made the bankers ask if you had a drinking problem. Every transaction made was under the microscope, and bankers became our moral compass.The vaults were full of money, and they had full control. I watched a TV programme and a couple of city bankers. They had bought a plot of land and were building their dream home. The land cost £200,000, and the new build was another £300,000. A three story luxury pad, which they explained was an investment because upon completion, the property would be worth close to £1000,000. I was trying to get my head around how they could afford such a project, and listened as they explained how they had made wise moves in the banking sector, and repossessed lots of houses in the crash.They were happy to take peoples homes when the economy crashed, as long as they were okay. This was not possible before they took complete control over how, when, where, and why we all spent our money.

The youth of today seem to embrace the future as a cashless society. They say what do we need cash for? What is the point when everyone takes card, who needs cash they say.If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear, just pay your bills, follow the rules, they are only doing their jobs. If we do go cashless, once again the banks will have the power of life and death. I can’t see into the future, but relinquishing control will lead down a dark path.Think before you give up your freedom, because giving it away is the easy part, getting it back is hard.The day all cashpoints charge, is the day it will be too late, and that will be the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment