Friday 13 August 2010

a question of honour

the talk on another thread is of degenerate gamblers, the ones who have cleaned out their mates, for what some perceive to be large sums of money. i have talked on this subject before, imho, a man is man, and should have the ability to hold his head high wherever he may go. the guys in question, even though i hardly know them, have lost that right.

the poker community is very small,especially when it comes to rumours,bad beats,punches in the eye. anything you do or say, will be reported, that night or the next day. my advice, neither a lender, nor a borrower be(some1 famous once said that?) i have once, maybe twice, i dunno,have been paid in, and it changes my game, i have also played beyond my means, which also changes my ability to make the right call. i play my A game when in my comfort zone..........
happy at home
money in the bank
well dressed
in good health etc.

its a mans game, maybe i could have been a stu unger, however, i am not prepared to stoop to his depths. their are players on the circuit i respect and some i do not,i find the latter easy pickings

No comments:

Post a Comment